Gourmet Barbecue Chicken Burger
4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
4 slices Swiss cheese
8 slices garlic cheese artisan bread or 4 brioche buns
Stonewall Garlic Aioli (our favourite!) or mayonnaise
Lettuce & tomato slices to garnish
Sweet & Saucy BBQ Sauce
Sweet & Saucy BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
½ onion, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1 Tbsp olive oil
2/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup apricot jam
2 tsp chili powder
- Sauté onion and garlic approx. 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining BBQ Sauce ingredients and heat to boiling, and then remove from heat.
- Place chicken breasts on pre-heated, oiled grill, and grill for 5 minutes on medium heat. Flip chicken and brush with prepared barbecue sauce.
- Continue grilling until internal temp reaches 165°F or until juices run clear (approx. 3-5 minutes depending on thickness of chicken breast).
- Remove from grill and assemble with remaining ingredients! Enjoy!